Tuesday, July 12, 2011

One Day Cruise

We took a one day cruise to the islands on Poros, Hydra, and Aegina.  Ben found this amazing spot at the front of the boat that had lounge chairs, which we had to defend as the day went on and more people found the spot as well.  We didn't get to spend much time on Poros but we did get some gelato.  We had lunch on the boat but it wasn't very good so Kara and I went back to enjoy our seats.  Hydra was my favorite island because in my opinion it was the most beautiful.  Kara and I finished walking around early so we decided to head back to the boat early.  While we are sitting enjoying the sea breeze and the sunshine, Kara turns to me and asks "Is the boat moving?" It was. The island only had one port for the larger ships like the one we were on to come in and out of and another ship needed to come in.  We did not know this.  I check my watch to make sure that we were on time and that everyone else wasn't late for the boat and I check around me to make sure that we were on the right boat.  We had a little moment of panic because neither of us had any means of contacting the rest of our group.  But luckily the boat came back and everyone else got on.  I had forgotten to put on sunscreen that morning so by the time we had gotten to Aegina I was a little burnt. So, Kara, Linh, and I found a place to get food and we walked around instead of going to the beach. 
When we got back to the hotel we again had to rush to get ready because we were going to a concert by the Milan symphony with a special guest Joshua Bell (he plays the violin). It was beautiful and a really nice treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment